Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lousiana, and new orleans






We exited texas yesterday.  What a long state and most of it is barren, very barren.  The 1st pictures was taken while we were crossing about 40 miles of bayou on a single long bridge. I guess the bayou is so wet that they have to elevate the road.  For those who really know me, I must say that I am proud to say that I took this picture and I wasn't far from the tree.  There were about 5 of these big oaks and I took a picture of each one.  Pretty amazing for me, don't you think.  The third is of a man who entertains, kinda like Mallory square in Key West.  There are a couple of pictures of the dining room onboard the Natchez and the boat itself and a pretty balcony in the French Quarter.
Al is in love with the Gumbo, all kinds of gumbo, chicken, file, seafood. andouille and chicken.  He has tried them all.  The music is great, the drinks are great, especially the hurricanes.  There is so much to do here, so little time.  We are going to save some for our next trip here.

No comments:

Post a Comment